We will find the best possible speaker for your event. Our longstanding experience and our individual service add up to our unique consulting. We will find a speaker who makes your event unforgettable.Team
Since 1994 we provide some of the most influential people in the world to suit all types of needs and events. You can rely on our service and on our longstanding experience.Find Speakers
Thanks to many years of experience we know the different needs while organising an event. We give advice and support, starting with individual consulting to processing of contracts and complete travel logistics.More about us
London Speaker Bureau’s keynote speakers in the category "Business & Management" cover a wide range of topics: Digitalization, New Work, management, leadership, strategy and technology are just a few of them. They are company founders, managers and CEOs of leading companies, start-up founders or serial entrepreneurs. Their impressive keynote speeches enable their audience to take excellent knowledge and expertise into their everyday work.
Popular Speakers in this Category
- Richard Branson Richard Branson is founder of the Virgin Group, which has gone on to grow successful businesses in sectors including mobile telephony, travel and transportation, financial services, leisure and entertainment and health and wellness. Virgin is a leading international investment group and one of the world's most recognised and respected brands. Since starting youth culture magazine “Student” at aged 16, Richard Branson has tried to find entrepreneurial ways to drive positive change in the world. In 2004 he established Virgin Unite, the non-profit foundation of the Virgin Group, which unites people and entrepreneurial ideas to create opportunities for a better world. Richard Branson has also been involved in a number of world record-breaking attempts since 1985. In 1986 his boat, "Virgin Atlantic Challenger II" rekindled the spirit of the Blue Riband by crossing the Atlantic Ocean in the fastest ever recorded time. This was followed a year later by the epic hot air balloon crossing of the same ocean in "Virgin Atlantic Flyer". This was not only the first hot-air balloon to cross the Atlantic, but was the largest ever flown at 2.3 million cubic feet capacity, reaching speeds in excess of 130 miles per hour (209 km/h). Still after the ultimate adventure, in January 1991 Richard crossed the Pacific Ocean from Japan to Arctic Canada, the furthest distance of 6,700 miles. Again, he broke all existing records, with speeds of up to 245 miles -per hour in a balloon of 2.6 million cubic feet. Most of Richard’s time is now spent building businesses that will make a positive difference in the world and working with Virgin Unite and organisations it has incubated, such as The Elders, The Carbon War Room, The B Team and Ocean Unite. He also serves on the Global Commission on Drug Policy and supports ocean conservation with the Ocean Elders. He describes himself as a tie-loathing adventurer, philanthropist and troublemaker, who believes in turning ideas into reality.
- Janina Kugel Janina Kugel is the “most prominent German manager” according to SPIEGEL. For many years, Janina Kugel was the secret superstar (BILD: "Star Manager") of Siemens AG as Chief Human Resources Officer of the company. She gave the company "a young, cool image on the cutting edge" (FAZ). Janina started her career as a management consultant at Accenture. During this period, she worked for international companies throughout Europe and the United States, mainly focusing on process reengineering, restructuring and organizational design. After moving into industrial organizations, she held several management and leadership positions at Siemens in the areas of Business Strategy and Human Resources. At Osram Lighting Janina served as Chief Human Resources Officer, where she had global responsibility for Human Resources, Executive Development and Diversity. From 2015 until 2020 she was Chief Human Resources Officer and a member of the Managing Board of Siemens AG with global responsibility for Human Resources, including the areas of Diversity, Learning and Education, Social Innovation, and Environmental Protection, Health Management and Safety (EHS). Since May 2020 she is Senior Advisor for Boston Consulting Group. Janina holds a master’s degree in economics from the University of Mainz, Germany, and the University of Verona, Italy. Janina is a non-executive board member of Konecranes Oyj, Finland, TUI AG, Kyndryl, USA and the German Pension Benefit Guaranty Association. She is an active supporter of various national and international diversity initiatives. She is also a member of the international Advisory Board of Hertie School of Governance in Berlin, Germany and IESE Business School in Barcelona, Spain. She is serving as board member of several government initiatives such as the Innovation Council (Federal Ministry of Digitization). She is a sought-after advisor and speaker. In a nonchalant, analytical and competent manner, she is committed to her core issues of disruption, diversity and digitisation. As one of the few women in top positions, she has gained an enormous reputation - far beyond the German-speaking world.
- Fränzi Kühne Fränzi Kühne is co-founder of the digital business agency Torben, Lucie und die gelbe Gefahr (TLGG), of which she was managing director until 2019. She is an expert on new work, digital leadership and corporate organisation in the course of digitalisation and accompanies companies on their way into the digital future. Fränzi Kühne originally studied law to become a criminal police officer. But then a collaboration with two friends quickly turned into her own company. From 2008 to 2019, she worked for TLGG and dealt with digital marketing and changes in companies in the course of digitalisation. Fränzi has made it her mission to help companies adapt strategic communication to new technologies and supports them externally as well as internally in representing their values and message and developing them further where necessary. Fränzi Kühne is a member of the supervisory board at Freenet AG and Chief Digital Officer at Edding. As a trustee of the AllBright Foundation, she is also involved as an advocate for diversity in companies and regularly publishes expert articles. Her wide-ranging expertise makes Fränzi Kühne a much sought-after speaker. In her entertaining and hands-on presentations, the expert for digitalisation and new work shows how companies must change in order to survive and remain successful in the future.
Sustainability, climate change, ESG, carbon footprint and environmental protection have become increasingly important topics. London Speaker Bureau's keynote speakers in the category “Environment & Energy” highlight the need for a more sustainable lifestyle. As mountaineers, extreme athletes or scientists they experience climate change up close and report on its impact on nature and the environment. They also show possible ways out of the climate crisis and the shortage of resources.
Popular Speakers in this Category
- Claudia Kemfert Prof Dr Claudia Kemfert has been head of the department Energy, Transportation, Environment at the German Institute of Economic Research (DIW Berlin) since April 2004 and is Professor of Energy Economics and Energy Policy at the Leuphana University, Till 2019 she was Professor of Energy Economics and Sustaiability at Hertie School of Governance and from 2004-2009 she was Professor of Environmental Economics at Humboldt University. Claudia Kemfert studied economics at the Universities of Bielefeld and Oldenburg (PhD 1998) and Stanford. As part of a research stay, she was at the Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM) in Milan (1998). From January 1999 to April 2000 she headed the junior research group at the Institute for the Rational Use of Energy at the University of Stuttgart. From 2000 to 2004 Claudia Kemfert held a position as junior professor and headed a junior research group at the University of Oldenburg. Claudia Kemfert was appointed to the Expert Council for Environmental Issues at the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety in 2016. She was an advisor to EU President José Manuel Barroso and is on advisory boards of various research institutions as well as federal and state ministries as well as the EU Commission. Claudia Kemfert was a member of the High Level Expert Group of the EU Environment Commissioner and the Advisory Group on Energy of the European Commission (DG Research). Since 2011 she has been a member of the Executive Committee of the German Society of the Club of Rome. In 2006, Kemfert was recognized as a top researcher in the Elf der Wissenschaft by the DFG, the Helmholtz and Leibniz Associations. In 2011 she received the Urania Medal and the B.A.U.M Environment Prize in the science category and in 2016 the German Solar Prize and the Adam Smith Prize for market-based environmental policy.
- Lewis Pugh Lewis Pugh, OIG is an endurance swimmer and an ocean advocate. In 2013 the United Nations appointed him as the UN Patron of the Oceans. He pioneers swims in the most vulnerable ecosystems on Earth to call for their protection. Over a period of 35 years he has undertaken more swims around famous landmarks than any other swimmer in history. He was the first person to complete a long distance swim in every ocean of the world. He was also the first to swim across the North Pole, and the first to swim the length of the English Channel. Lewis has been instrumental in protecting over two million square kilometres of vulnerable ocean – an area larger than Western Europe. His dream is to help protect 30% of the world’s oceans by 2030. Over five million people have viewed Lewis’s TED Talks, and countless others have followed him on the BBC, CNN, BBC Radio 2’s Breakfast Show, HBO, France 2, Good Morning America, National Geographic, Al Jazeera, and many more. Lewis has appeared with Jon Stewart and Jay Leno. His editorials have been published in The New York Times and The Daily Telegraph, among others. Sky News has made three documentaries about his work. For his work Lewis has received a number of awards. He was selected as a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum. He was chosen as a National Geographic Adventurer of the Year. And he was awarded South Africa’s highest honour the Order of Ikhamanga (Gold Class). Lewis Pugh is a captivating and enchanting storyteller. The pictures he shows during his keynote are as jaw dropping and unique as Lewis’ story itself. He inspires his audience with his extraordinary journey and his passion and provides valuable lessons to apply to business and to life.
- Mojib Latif Since 2004, Mojib Latif has been Professor at the Leibniz Institute for Oceanography in Kiel, Germany. Prior to that Mojib was a lecturer at the Max-Planck-Institute in Hamburg. He has conducted research at several of the leading institutes in the world, such as the Scripps Institute for Oceanography in La Jolla, California, the BMRC in Melbourne, and CIMAS/RSMAS in Miami, in the variation of ocean temperatures over previous decades and centuries. Mojib Latif was one of the first scientists to identify the burning of fossil fuels as a cause of global warming and has received many international awards for his work. Mojib Latif has won numerous international scientific prizes: in 2006 he received the Norbert Gerbier – Mumm International Award; in 2004 he was awarded the DUH (German Environmental Assistance) Media Prize; in 2000 he won the Max-Planck-Institute Prize for “Public Science” and in the same year won the Sverdrup Gold Medal from the American Meteorological Society. He is the publisher of scientific journals such as the Monthly Weather Review and the Journal of Climate.
The experts of London Speaker Bureau in the category "Innovation & Future" bring their audience closer to the spirit of innovation and new developments. They take a look into tomorrow and show what’s possible in the future. Whether they are futurists, tech evangelists, researchers or trend spotters - their lectures include topics such as digitalization, the future of cities, mobility and the future of work as well as artificial intelligence or robot ethics. Our speakers are building bridges into the future.
Popular Speakers in this Category
- Ranga Yogeshwar Ranga Yogeshwar is one of the best known TV presenters in Germany, well known for moderating such programs such as the German IQ show and various science programs. He also sits on several juries. He commenced his professional career in journalism in 1983, initially working with various publishing houses, later leading on to activities in Radio and Television. During a sojourn in India in 1985, he conducted seminars and conferences at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore and other institutions. Since 1987 he has been active as Science Editor at WDR Germany TV, the nationwide German TV network of public rights. He presented and produced innumerable programmes (Wissenschaftsshow, Kopfball, Bilder aus der Wissenschaft, Lillipuz, Wissenschaft Live, Globus). Between 1995 and 2001 he was Acting Chief and until 2005 Chief of the Science TV Programme Group at WDR. He founded his own company xplainy. GmbH and works as an independent author and moderator of TV programmes like "Quarks & Co" (WDR), "W wie Wissen" (ARD), "Wissenschaftsforum" (Phoenix) and "Die Grosse Show der Naturwunder" (ARD). He also is author/co-author of several newspaper and magazine columns and articles and has also published many bestselling books. He is engaged in numerous national and international projects and is member of boards and committees of various institutions. Ranga is a founder member of the Children's and Youth Foundation of Hennef. He has been awarded many prizes for his work and even an Asteroid is named after him. Ranga Yogeshwar is a very experienced speaker impressing his audience with his science expertise.
- Katja Diehl Katja Diehl has more than 20 years of experience and insights in mobility and logistics. She is a communications and management consultant with a focus on mobility, new work and diversity. In 2019, she was one of the "25 Top Voices at LinkedIn" and one of the "100 women leaders in the mobility industry". Katja Diehl is also one of the "Remarkable Women in European Transport 2020". After graduating from high school in Lingen, Katja Diehl (*1973) first studied literature at the University of Osnabrück from 1994 to 2000 and then completed a traineeship at the press office of Deutsche Bundesstiftung Umwelt. From 2007 to 2008 she attended the German Academy for Public Relations in Frankfurt, where she successfully completed her training as a PR consultant. From 2013 to 2016, she participated in the Marketing Executive Program at the Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität in Münster, where she earned her Executive MBA. After starting her career as a journalist and press spokeswoman as well as working in management positions for companies in the logistics and mobility industry, Katja Diehl has become self-employed in 2018 as a communications and management consultant, advising companies and start-ups on their brand communication and positioning. She is Brand Ambassador for technology and consulting companies for digital on-demand solutions door2door. With #SheDrivesMobility Katja Diehl is hosting a podcast that combines the topics of mobility change, diversity and new forms of work. On the federal board of the Verkehrsclub Deutschland e. V. (VCD) she is responsible for the topics Mobility 2050, Mobility Change through Mindset Change as well as press and public relations. Furthermore, she is a mentor at MentorMe and Yoldas, a project of the Bürgerstiftung Hamburg. She has received numerous awards for her work and her book "Autokorrektur". Katja Diehl holds keynotes, moderates events and workshops and is a consultant on corporate influencing and personal branding.
- Constanze Kurz Constanze Kurz is a spokesperson for the Chaos Computer Club. She holds a doctorate in computer science and is the author and publisher of several books. Through her commitment to data protection and the sometimes sensational actions of Europe's largest hacker association, Constanze Kurz achieved nationwide fame. After studying economics in Berlin, Dr. Kurz (*1974) turned to computer science. She wrote her dissertation on voting computers and electronic voting systems. Due to her research on data protection and data security, Constanze Kurz was appointed technical expert at the Federal Constitutional Court on the occasion of the appeal proceedings against data retention. From 2005 to 2011, she was a research assistant in the working group "Informatics in Education and Society" at the Humboldt University in Berlin. Subsequently, she was a research project manager at the University of Applied Sciences in Berlin until September 2014. Her research areas of surveillance technologies, data protection and biometrics make Kurz a sought-after expert, and so the Left Party parliamentary group appointed her as an expert for the Enquête Commission "Internet and Digital Society" of the German Bundestag from 2010 to 2013. Since the beginning of 2015, she has been a permanent team member at the Internet platform netzpolitik.org. Constanze Kurz is active in the German Informatics Society (GI), where she has been a member of the Informatics & Ethics group since 2003. In 2021, she was appointed a GI Fellow. She is a member of the advisory board of the Forum InformatikerInnen für Frieden und gesellschaftliche Verantwortung. Dr. Constanze Kurz volunteers as a spokesperson for the Chaos Computer Club, which describes itself as a mediator in the area of tension between technical and social developments. In her blogs, essays, and in her biweekly column Aus dem Maschinenraum (2010-2019) in the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, she focuses on security gaps and monopolies in the field of new technologies while pointing out democratic alternatives. In 2013, Dr. Kurz was awarded the Theodor Heuss Medal for her exemplary democratic behavior, and in 2014 she received the Tolerance Award of the Protestant Academy of Tutzing in the category of civil courage. Constanze Kurz is an committed speaker who brings her topics to the audience with passion and impressive detailed knowledge.
How do I motivate my team? How do I keep motivation permanently high? How does leadership at eye level work? And what exactly is correct and relevant leadership? The experts of London Speaker Bureau in the category "Motivation & Leadership" will provide the answers to all of these questions in their keynotes. Whether they are athletes, adventurers, psychologists or conductors - motivation and leadership skills are the basis of their excellent work.
Popular Speakers in this Category
- Hans-Dieter Hermann Prof. Dr. Hans-Dieter Hermann is the first sport psychologist for Germany’s national football team since 2004. He also accompanied the team during the FIFA World Cup in Brazil 2014. Before then, he supervised, among others, the Austrian ski racing team, the German gymnasts, boxers and hockey players. Together with Prof. Dr. Jan Mayer, he is business executive and owner of Coaching Competence Cooperation Rhein-Neckar, whose emphasis is the optimization of performance qualifications of managers, high performers and teams. Aside from competitive sportsmen and coaches his clients include politicians and top performers in the German economy as well. As a professor, he teaches both at the University of Applied Sciences in Saarbrucken as well as a honorary professor at the Institute of Sports Sciences at Tübingen University. For the reporting of the Olympic Games 2012 in London and 2014 in Sochi, Hans-Dieter Hermann worked as a sport psychological expert for the ZDF (second channel of German television broadcasting).
- Jitske Kramer Jitske Kramer is a corporate anthropologist who travels all over the world to learn from traditional healers, leaders, surprising innovators and random passers-by. She is an inspiring female speaker, entrepreneur, facilitator and founder of Human Dimensions. It is her quest to understand how we can build strong cultures, safe for diversity and ready for change. Jitske Kramer (*1973) studied cultural anthropology and was trained as an ethnographer. She specialized in theater as an educational medium in Uganda. Back in the Netherlands, she started her career as a trainer/consultant with Boertien Training working in the field of communication and leadership development, developing her skills in psychodrama and voice dialogue. She has trained hundreds of people in all kinds of functional roles, in all kinds of sectors, with a specific focus on international cooperation. She managed the Bridging Cultures group of experts which focuses on intercultural skills and global leadership. In 2006, Jitske started to work for herself under the name of HumanDimensions, with clients both at home and abroad. She brings worldly knowledge and experiences back to the world of organizing, cooperation and leadership through challenging keynotes and masterclasses. To improve the strength and results of individuals and groups (and to make the world a more beautiful place). She has the ambition to activate organizations to be wildly attractive to everyone and everything. In her stories, what is familiar gradually becomes strange. And what is strange becomes familiar. In 2013 Jitske was chosen as Trainer of the Year. She is known for being the bestselling author of Deep Democracy, Jam Cultures (about diversity and inclusion), Work has left the Building and co-author of The Corporate Tribe (2016 Management Book of the Year). As a speaker, Jitske Kramer’s stories take you on an exciting journey into human issues and solutions on how people shape cultures and how cultures shape people. To see what is really going on. With an eye for differences and similarities. Looking at things from a distinctive perspective. Without the autopilot. Daring to go off the beaten path. Challenge the obvious. And ask questions. Every day.
- Mark Gallagher Mark Gallagher has held senior management roles within Formula One motor racing over the last 30 years. He is the founder and CEO of Performance Insights Ltd and he is co-commentator and Formula One analyst for broadcasters like the BBC, ESPN and Sky Sports F1. His management career in Formula One included more than a decade on the management board of the highly successful Jordan Grand Prix team, running the world famous Cosworth engine business, invite to lead Cosworth’s return to Formula One as an engine and technology supplier in 2010, overseeing its supply to one-third of the teams on the starting grid. Mark Gallagher established the commercial arm of Red Bull Racing which went on to become 4-times World Champions. During his career he has worked with many of the sport’s leading drivers, including former World Champions Ayrton Senna, Michael Schumacher and Jenson Button. He still works closely with a number of the sport’s major stars including David Coulthard, Mika Hakkinen and Jacques Villeneuve. Mark Gallaghers Career in Formula One started 1983, spending seven years in working in the media before joining Eddie Jordan’s fledging Grand Prix team in 1990. He was a member of the team’s management board, having full responsibility for the team’s day-to-day marketing and commercial acticities. He then became part of the newly created Red Bull Racing management team in 2004. Between 2005 and 2009 Mark was motorsport consultant to Disney Pixar on CARS and CARS II. With Status Grand Prix he founded his own racing team which won the 2009 Motorsport Wordl Cup of Motorsport and became a race winning team in junior Formulae as well as competing in the Le Mans 24 hours sport car race. He helped to develop the new hybrid-petrol-electric engine regulations introduced into Formula One in 2014 and is the author of two successful books.
New perspectives and different viewpoints, insights into previously invisible connections and seeing topics from a different angle - this is made possible by speakers of London Speaker Bureau in the category "Politics & Economy". High-profile politicians and economists give lectures on topics such as Europe, geopolitics, globalisation, financial markets, international relations or cryptocurrencies. Whether they are experts on political or economic topics - as keynote speakers they understand brilliantly to broaden the horizon of their audience.
Popular Speakers in this Category
- Sigmar Gabriel Sigmar Gabriel is one of the most popular politicians in Germany. He is one of the best political speakers and also internationally highly regarded and very well networked. Sigmar Gabriel was Germany’s Federal Minister of the Environment from 2005 to 2009, and from 2013 to 2017 he was Federal Minister for Economic Affairs and Energy. From 2017 to 2018 Sigmar Gabriel was Minister for Foreign Affairs. Born in Goslar in 1959, Sigmar Gabriel studied politics, sociology and German at the University of Göttingen. In 1987 he passed the second state examination as a grammar school teacher and worked as a teacher in adult vocational training until 1990. Sigmar Gabriel has been a member of the Social Democratic Party of Germany since 1977 and from 2009 to 2017 he was its chairman. After several different positions within his party in Lower Saxony, Gabriel was Prime Minister of the State of Lower Saxony from 1999 to 2003, before he held different ministerial posts in federal politics. Sigmar Gabriel is chairman of the Atlantik-Brücke e.V., member of the Trilateral Commission and the European Council of Foreign Relations. He is also a member of the board of trustees of the International Crisis Group and the Deloitte advisory board. Since May 2020 he is member of the supervisory board of Deutsche Bank. Sigmar Gabriel teaches at the University of Bonn and spent a research period at Harvard University in autumn 2018. He regularly hosts the geopolitical podcast “World Briefing” where he shares his view of a changing world and also is a guest commentator for various German speaking newspapers and magazines. Thanks to his in-depth knowledge of geopolitics and global energy, he is also a much sought-after interview guest and expert in the media. Sigmar Gabriel is highly respected for his economic and foreign policy expertise. He is a brilliant and convincing speaker who outlines his point of view frankly and straight and therewith captivates his audience.
- Axel Weber Prof. Dr. Axel Weber is well known as a European central banker and global bank manager. He is former Chairman of the Board of Directors of the major Swiss bank UBS, former President of the German Bundesbank and President of the Center for Financial Studies. The economist is internationally respected as an expert on monetary and currency theory and related policy. Axel Weber (*1957) holds a master's degree in economics from the University of Konstanz and a doctorate in economics from the University of Siegen, where he also obtained his habilitation. From 2002 to 2004 he was a member of the German Council of Economic Experts and subsequently president of the Deutsche Bundesbank until 2011. He renewed the German central bank, which achieved international recognition again under his leadership, and stood by the government during the financial crisis. Axel Weber is considered one of the key figures in Europe in dealing with the global financial crisis. During his time as Bundesbank President, he has also served as a member of the Governing Council of the ECB, a member of the Executive Board of the Bank for International Settlements, a German governor of the International Monetary Fund and a member of the G7 and G20 ministers and governors. In 2011 he was a member of the Steering Committees of the European Systemic Risk Board and from 2010 to 2011 a member of the Financial Stability Board. From 2012, Axel A. Weber served ten years as Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors of the major Swiss bank UBS Group AG. During this time, he was responsible for the strategic realignment of UBS and re-established it as one of the top banks in Europe. In recognition of this, Weber was named "European Banker of the Year 2014". During this period, he was also a member and President of the global banking association Institute of Internationale Finance IIF, Chairman of the Governance and Nominating Committee and of the Corporate Culture and Responsibility Committee. His academic career includes professorships in international economics, monetary economics and economic theory at the Universities of Cologne, Frankfurt am Main and Bonn, and a visiting professorship at the University of Chicago - Booth School. He holds honorary doctorates from the universities of Duisburg-Essen and Konstanz. Prof. Dr. Weber is a member and chairman of various commissions and committees. For example, he is Chairman of the Trilateral Commission Europe and a member and trustee of the Group of Thirty. He has been an advisor to the Executive Board of Flossbach von Storch since September 2022 and has also been a Global Senior Advisor to the Boston Consulting Group since the beginning of 2023. Axel Weber is an eloquent speaker and a precise observer of economic events, which he presents in a pointed and quick-witted manner - sometimes with a touch of humour - in his lectures.
- Cathryn Clüver Ashbrook Cathryn Clüver Ashbrook is a renowned expert on transatlantic foreign and trade policy. For ten years, as part of the Future of Diplomacy Project, she worked on transnational challenges to international diplomacy in the 21st century, with a focus on digitalisation and urbanisation. Cathryn Clüver Ashbrook (*1976) grew up in Berlin and Wiesbaden as the child of an American mother and a German-American father. After graduating from Gutenbergschule Wiesbaden, she studied International Relations, European Politics, European Law, History of French Civilisation and Public Administration in Cambridge, MA (Harvard Kennedy School, MPA), Strasbourg (Sciences-Po), London (London School of Economics, MSc) and in Providence, RI (Brown University, BA with Honors). She began her career as a television journalist for CNN in Atlanta and London. She was member of the management board of the European Policy Centre (EPC) in Brussels and worked for Roland Berger as a journalist and consultant in France and China, among other places, before she engaged in research from 2011 to 2021, as co-founder and executive director of the Future of Diplomacy Project at Harvard Kennedy School (HKS). From 2018 to 2021, she also directed a research programme on Europe and transatlantic relations there. From June 2021 to February 2022, she was Director and CEO of the German Council on Foreign Relations. Ashbrook is a member of the advisory board of Monarch, a company that focuses on issues of securing democracy, information security in complex data situations, and methods for tracking fraud and corruption. From August 2022, she is Senior Advisor to the Bertelsmann Stiftung. Her focus there is on Europe's international relations. Within the foundation, she chairs the German-American Future Forum and a high-level strategy group on Europe. The German-American political scientist publishes and comments in international media such as the New York Times and the Washington Post as well as in leading German media on transatlantic relations - especially trade and security policy - as well as on German foreign and digital policy and advises foreign ministries in Europe and South America on their digital strategy.
Presenters and journalists, historians and philosophers, sociologists and bestselling authors - they are all included in the category "Society & Culture". The presenters of London Speaker Bureau are adept and experienced in guiding people through a wide variety of events – panel discussions, gala evenings, award ceremonies, company events, no matter if on-site, hybrid or virtual. Our keynote speakers and after dinner speakers highlight socially relevant topics and inspire their audiences. They enable people to think outside the box and give new insights.
Popular Speakers in this Category
- Bob Geldof Sir Bob Geldof is one of Ireland’s most successful exports and is known throughout the world for his many talents and passions. Starting his career as a successful musician, actor and songwriter, he has gone on to both inspire a generation and make prolific social changes as a philanthropist and political activist. Shooting to fame as the lead singer of the Boomtown Rats, Bob Geldof was a major player in the 80s punk rock movement and enjoyed over a decade of hits between 1975 and 1986. After leaving the band, he launched a successful solo career, published his bestselling autobiography, “Is That It?” and worked as a radio DJ, journalist and television presenter. Showcasing his incredible versatility, he has also established himself as an astute businessman. By 1992, he was co-owner of television production company, Planet 24, responsible for the extremely popular early morning show, The Big Breakfast. He also became a founding partner of Groupcall in 2002, an IT company who specialises in communication software and data extraction tools for the education, public and business sectors. Showbiz success and business acumen aside, Sir Bob Geldof is possibly most famous for his work as a tireless charity campaigner and activist. In 1984 he mobilised the pop world to raise funds in an attempt to bring about change in Ethiopia. He wrote and performed “Do They Know It’s Christmas?” with a variety of other artists under the name, Band Aid – a song which became the UK’s fastest selling single of all time, entered the chart at number one and eventually went on to raise more than £8 million for charity. Following the astronomical success of Band Aid, Bob Geldof went on to organise Live Aid in 1985, one of the biggest rock concerts the world had ever seen. It took place at Wembley Stadium in London and John F Kennedy Stadium in Philadelphia, lasted 16 hours and raised over £150 million for famine relief in Africa. He was subsequently granted an honorary knighthood for his charity efforts in 1986. Following a further two decades of determined charity work and activism, Geldof went on to organise the Live 8 concerts. Part of the Make Poverty History campaign, the Live 8 project consisted of 6 concerts across the world and aimed to raise awareness of the plight in Africa, including poverty, hunger, government debt and the AIDs epidemic. Sir Bob Geldof has received a number of awards in recognition of his charity work, including a Man of Peace award in 2005 and nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize in both 2006 and 2008. The last incarnation of Band Aid took place in 2014 under the name of Band Aid 30. The group, composed of some of the biggest-selling British and Pop bands recorded a new version of “Do They Know It’s Christmas?” that went straight to number one in the UK Official Singles Chart. Bob Geldof is a global visionary, musician, activist, and philanthropist known for his remarkable achievements and tireless efforts in driving positive change. With his unparalleled charisma and captivating storytelling abilities, Bob has been engaging audiences worldwide for decades, addressing critical issues and inspiring individuals to make a difference. His extensive experience as a renowned musician, political activist, and humanitarian provides him with a wealth of insights across a wide range of topics. In his keynotes he can discuss leadership strategies, social entrepreneurship, overcoming adversity, and navigating complex global issues and captivates his audience with thought-provoking ideas and practical takeaways.
- Eckart von Hirschhausen Eckart von Hirschhausen is doctor of medicine and man of humour. He is an expert on the healing power of humour and he knows how to impress by a healthy laugh with a lasting message. Von Hirschhausen (born in 1967) studied medicine and science journalism in Berlin, London and Heidelberg. After his graduation he worked as doctor in neurology and became a science journalist, writing for “Focus” and “Der Tagesspiegel” among other newspapers and magazines. Soon he has been spotted by German television, where he is invited to numerous shows and talks. Between 1998 and 2003 he presented his own health magazine. Together with Bettina Tietjen, he hosts the talk show “Tietjen and Hirschhausen” and he also presents two science TV-shows. For more than 15 years he has been active on stages around Germany as a comedian, an author and a presenter. He was the most successful non-fiction author in 2008 and 2009 with his books “Arzt-Deutsch” (“Doctor-German”), ”Die Leber wächst mit ihren Aufgaben” (“The Liver Grows According to her Challenges”) and “Glück kommt selten allein” (“Good things rarely come unaccompanied”). Since January 2022, he has also been an honorary professor in the Department of Medicine at Philipps University Marburg. In 2008 he has launched his own charity “Humor hilft heilen” (“Humour helps Healing”), which arranges for clowns to come to hospitals to cheer up the patients.
- Michelle Penelope King Dr Michelle Penelope King is a globally recognized expert on inequality and organizational culture. Based on over a decade’s worth of research, Michelle believes that we need to learn how workplaces work, so we can make them work for everyone. She is the host of a popular podcast called The Fix. Michelle is a published, award-winning academic with five degrees including a Bachelor of Arts in Industrial Organizational Psychology, a Master of Arts in Industrial-Organizational Psychology, a Master of Business Administration, a Post Graduate Degree in Journalism and a PhD in Management. Michelle is pursuing a post-doctoral research fellowship with Cranfield University in the United Kingdom. Michelle is the founder of The Culture Practice, a global consultancy that provides leaders with the assessment, development, and inclusion coaching needed to build cultures that value difference. In addition, Michelle is a Senior Advisor to the UN Foundation’s Girl Up Campaign, where she leads the NextGen Leadership Development Program, which enables young women to navigate and overcome the barriers to their success. Before this, Michelle was the Director of Inclusion at Netflix and head of UN Women’s Global Innovation Coalition for Change, which includes managing over 30 private sector partnerships to accelerate the achievement of gender equality and women’s empowerment. Michelle has two decades of international experience working in the private sector. In addition, Michelle King is an award winning speaker, having spoken at over 500 events worldwide including conferences like the Nobel Peace Prize Conference, Ellevate Network Conference, The Massachusetts Conference for Women, Texas Conference for Women, SXSW, She Summit and the Pennsylvania Conference for Women. Michelle is represented by London Speakers Bureau and regularly hosts keynotes, fireside chats or masterclasses with companies like, Amazon, FIFA, Guardian, Dior, FedEx, Netflix, BNP Paribas, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley and Met Life to name a few. Michelle has been featured in The Economist, Harvard Business Review, CNBC, CNN Business, Fortune, Financial Times, Bloomberg, Time, Business Insider, The Times, Daily Mail and LinkedIn Editors. In each of her roles, Michelle lends her expertise to advance gender equality and enhance global opportunity and achievement for women. In 2022 Michelle was named LinkedIn’s Top Voice for workplace equity and was recognized as the Top 100 Women at Davos by Global Women’s Leadership Experts. In addition, in 2019, Women Tech Founders, a Chicago-based organization dedicated to advancing women in the tech industry, awarded Michelle the 2019 Inspiring Innovator Award for her outstanding achievements in the sector.
- Asia / China /India
- Change / Transformation
- Corporate Culture
- Crisis Management
- Culture / Creativity
- Emerging Markets
- Human Resources
- Islam / Middle East
- Künstliche Intelligenz/Artificial Intelligence
- Wirtschaft / Ökonomie